The accident compensation scheme provides comprehensive, no-fault personal injury cover for all New Zealand residents and visitors to New Zealand. This cover includes a contribution to the cost of primary care, but it does not meet all the costs.
- ACC is Free to those 13 years and under. A standard surcharge of $44.00 for over 65 years, $46.00 for all patients 18 years to under 65 years; and 14 to 17 year old patients are charged $35.50 for the consultation with the doctor at Crawford Medical.
- The standard surcharge applies to all subsequent consultations with the doctor.
- There is a surcharge for consultations with the nurse for repeat dressings
- There is no surcharge for children thirteen years and for ACC consultations.
- Community Service Card Holders receive a reduced fee on production of their CSC Card.
- An Additional Fee will be incurred at the weekend for all age groups.
Bring your child to the doctor, or attend the hospital emergency department, if your child:
- seems more unwell
- becomes unusually sleepy or is difficult to wake
- has trouble breathing (is struggling to breath or breathing is fast or noisy)
- has ongoing vomiting
- is irritable and is not wanting to be held
- complains of a stiff neck or light hurting eyes
- has an unusual rash
- has trouble drinking, or feeding
- is not weeing as normal (for babies, their nappies remain dry or there are fewer than three wet nappies in 24 hours)
- is in pain
- doesn’t seem to be improving or you are concerned for any reason
- has fever more than 5 days
Any fever in a child age under 3 months is an emergency and they must be seen immediately.
A fever over 38.3 in a child age 3- 6months is also a medical emergency.
For older children:
- Fever may be an indication to bring your child to the doctor for examination.
- Fever can help the body fight an infection, but it can also make your child feel uncomfortable.
- If your child has a fever but is happy, you do not need to treat the fever.
- If your child feels unwell with fever, you can treat with Paracetamol at the correct dose every 4-6 hours maximum 4 doses in 24 hours.
For after hours advice phone 5380083 your call will be put onto HML after hours nurse triage line
In case of an emergency please phone 111 for an ambulance
A sick baby is always very important. Ask for an urgent appointment for very young children or come into the clinic
We advise all patients to become members of the Patient Portal to gain access to your results. The Patient Portal enables you to have access to your results, screening and recalls 24 hours a day 7 days a week anywhere in the world. To do this you need to be registered for ConnectMed by signing a Consent Form, providing photo ID and a personalised email. The Registration Form is on this website under New Patients. Fill this form in and scan it back to us at Crawford via our email [email protected]. This is only available for patients aged over 18 year olds. We will not allow portal access to patients that share a family email as this would breach individual privacy rights.
Otherwise you may call dedicated nurse line on 09 5380027. This number is in high demand so you may need to leave a message. Our triage nurse will call you back as soon as she is able. This phone line is operational between 9.00am & 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Test results are available the next day generally, but some tests may take up to a week. Your doctor will review your record and then it will be available for viewing on the portal system within two hours.
For good quality care a 15 minute consult can cover 1-2 problems generally, more than that and your doctor may need to rebook another appointment time.
A 15 minute consultation is enough for one person. Each person attending a consult that is seeking a medical consultation needs a separate appointment. You may be charged additional fee’s.
We will have it noted as an alert that your hearing is impaired on our system.
We can book for an interpreter in sign language from the interpreter service. We will need advance notice of two days to arrange for you.
The interpreter service is a free service to NZ citizens but you will need to book a double (30 minute) appointment as this service makes the appointment take longer.
Repeat prescriptions orders can be done via:
- From patient portalvia Connectmed
- Crawford website:
- Prescription Email, [email protected]
- Telephone Prescription direct line telephone no: 09-5380121 and provide details on medication, chemist fax number and address.
Prescriptions ordered on a Friday may be delayed until Tuesday due to doctors’ availability.
Christmas and public holiday’s prescription orders need be ordered with more notice due to the influx in these busy periods.
A repeat prescription is not just an administration process where the script is printed off the computer. For each script a doctor must review your medical record and consider the appropriateness of the medication prior to writing the script.
Prescription Charges – $22.50 (pick up in person)
Prescription Charges including fax to pharmacy -$24.50
To avoid administration fee ($15.00), please settle payment prior to or on collection prescription. Please find Bank Account Below. Please state your Name or NHI or invoice number as a reference.
The Ministry of Health provides funding via the ‘Under Fourteen’ initiative to support general practices to provide free primary health care to enrolled children under fourteen. This funding is to support the provision of standard general practice consultations.
Crawford Medical does not charge any additional surcharge on a Saturday for under fourteen in keeping with the spirit of this government policy.
We have a combination of electronic and paper-based records and all health care information is kept confidential to each individual patient.
When required and with your knowledge, we will send information about you to specialists or other health professionals where appropriate.
For any family members seeking an individual’s heath information we will need to be provided with a signed third party consent or a health power of attorney document.
All employees are required to undergo Code of Rights and Health Information Privacy training and refresher training regularly. All Staff sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
For more information on the Privacy Code and your rights go to http://www.privacy.org.nz/
There are certain rights that you have as a patient and they are detailed in the Patient Rights brochure. If you feel unhappy about your experience please provide us with feedback by completing the form here. Or alternatively please email any concerns to [email protected] You also have the right to take your complaint directly to an independent advocate at any stage. You can contact the Health and Disability Advocacy service on 0800112233